The Clear Quran® Series Dictionary
Introducing the world’s first picture dictionary of the Quran’s 2,000+ entries, with the goal of empowering the majority of Muslims (who are not Arabs) to read the Quran in its original, rich Arabic form in just 4-6 months, without having to rely on translations. Five years in the works, this dictionary highlights the connection between all words that share the same root. It’s very straightforward, not indulging in redundant details or overly academic discussions that make the book irrelevant. For anyone who has always aspired to have a personal connection with the Book of Allah in Arabic, this dictionary is a dream come true.
SHIPS FROM TURKEY
Email [email protected]
A FEW WORDS FROM THE AUTHOR, DR. KHATTAB
Alhamdulillah. For the last five years, I’ve been working on The Clear Quran Dictionary. It all started with a complaint from a brother who said he couldn’t understand Quranic recitations in Taraweeh because Arabic wasn’t his native tongue. After much thinking and deliberation, I decided to work on a dictionary that would help non-Arabs understand the Quran in Arabic in only 4-6 months. I scribbled the Arabic alphabet on my desk and said Bismillah. Now, with the help of Allah, after all the challenges–including a global pandemic–and a journey that spanned Canada, Egypt, Istanbul, Makkah and Madinah, I’m thrilled to announce that this awesome dictionary will be released around Ramadan of this year in-sha-Allah. I couldn’t have done it without my dedicated team of editors, illustrators, designers, sponsors, calligrapher, and many others.
| TOP 10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD STUDY THIS DICTIONARY
- This is the first modern dictionary of the Quran to utilize visuals to explain Quranic entries, featuring over 2,000 images and illustrations.
- This qâmûs (dictionary) highlights the connection between all derivatives of the same root. So you will learn, for example, what the derivatives of j-n-n ج ن ن have in common (namely, jan-nah ‘Paradise,’ jinn ‘jinn,’ ajin-nah ‘fetuses,’ and maj-nûn ‘insane’).
- It covers the Quran’s 2,092 entries, including 947 verbs, 1,045 nouns, and 100 particles, arranged by frequency and theme.
- These 2,092 entries, repeated 107,540 times throughout the Quran, are followed by 7,835 Quranic examples highlighting the most common forms.
- This is the first Quran dictionary to feature a remarkable 9-page list of all entries in 242 coupled rhymes, making it easy for students to test their mastery of Quranic words.
- Five years in the making, this dictionary is very straightforward, not indulging in redundant details or overly academic discussions that make the book irrelevant.
- It can help you master the Book of Allah in about 4-6 months.
- This qâmûs empowers the majority of Muslims (who are not Arabs) to read the Quran in its original, rich Arabic form without having to rely on translations.
- Produced by a qualified team of editors, led by Dr. Khattab, a graduate of Al-Azhar with extensive training and expertise in Islamic and Quranic studies.
- This dictionary is based on The Clear Quran® translation, approved by Al-Azhar and endorsed by the Canadian Council of Imams as well as many scholars.